Ahead of the forthcoming Ordinary Synod on the Family in October 2015, Pope Francis has asked us all to reflect with “true spiritual discernment” on the themes relating to marriage and family life that emerged from the extraordinary meeting of bishops held in Rome in October 2014.
A pamphlet entitled The Call, the Journey and the Mission – An Invitation from the Bishops of England and Wales to Reflect on the Gift of Marriage and Family Life offers background information, Scripture passages and quotes from Pope Francis.
It also presents a series of questions to stimulate discussion and response on the key issues. These questions are:
- What are your joys and hopes of marriage and family life today?
- What are your struggles and fears of marriage and family life today?
- How can we better understand marriage as a vocation?
- How does your marriage enrich you?
- How does your family life enrich those around you?
- In what way, through the abiding presence of God, is your family “salt of the earth and light to the world,” and a place for handing on our faith?
You have the opportunity to offer your views on these questions by visiting catholicnews.org.uk.
Alternatively, you can send your answers in written form to:
Office for Marriage & Family Life (South East)
4 Brockley Park
If you prefer, email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
The last date for answers to be received is April 15.